MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 SG 135i DCT; '18 MG M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX78666 View Post
Huh?

They adverstise the AT tune as adding more torque. If that is applied to the same base number, resulting in a higher ending number, I'd like to know if it can be applied to the MT car.

Where's the conspiracy theory in that?

Do they teach reading comprehension where you live?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings0fRed View Post
BMW's own numbers show that the AT picks up more than the MT - no conspiracy theory here, just speculation as to why the difference.
It is plenty obvious that what BMW advertised can't be the bit I'm referring to.
Perhaps you are the one in need of reading comprehension.

This:
"If it ends up with more, I am curious if $50 wouldn't get the tech to give me the AT flash, assuming it is possible."
and this:
"Is it possible they sandbagging the MT crowd to get the AT crowd more interested in the tune? If you have any success getting the AT tune for your car worked out please let me/us know."
Implies that BMW is holding back something on purpose.
Why wouldn't BMW give you (or even sell you) the stage 3 for $50 more. Why are they forcing you to bribe some technician if it was technically possible?

We can speculate, that's healthy...
My speculation: there's only one software version (only one product number supports that theory).
That same product makes the engine produce more power if it's attached to an auto transmission, because of the "slush" nature of the hydraulic coupling versus the "hard" nature of the clutch coupling.
How's that?
Appreciate 0