08-19-2015, 09:09 AM   #49
turbo v6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i N55, 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit Redline View Post
I haven't posted any progress as of late and thought I would give my updates in this thread since there is good information here.

I had to ditch the Cobb AP and now running a JB4 e30/e40 mix.

Why I ditched the cobb and PTF tune.

I was having issue with the car going into major limp mode and would be very random. This limp mode when under WOT felt like the brakes coming on, like hitting a wall, not a good feeling for sure.

I would load the PTF map and all would seem ok for about a day (I did have this issue running any cobb map over stage 2 as well). The car sometimes at throttle tip in or WOT would go into a limp mode where I would have no power but car would stay at idle. Probably a safety thing to keep brakes and steering active. Absolutely zero throttle. Turning the ignition off then on again the car would run fine until the next time.

PTF asked me to capture logs, but I could not get the issue to happen when logging. I could run 3rd gear logs and they looked good.

After this happening on the freeway a couple of times which put me into some very unsafe situations I uninstalled the cobb AP and went JB4.

Once the JB4 was installed I ran the BEF from JB4. Everything ran fine but again started getting some misfire and bogging issues under throttle. No limp mode as I would back off the throttle.

Uninstalled the Cobb AP and now running the JB4 with e30/e40 mix and no issues, not one. I do need to get some logs running the e85 mix but it runs great.
Which map are you running with the JB4, map 5, autotuning?
Appreciate 0