Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by int2str View Post
Yandy, thanks for sharing these cool videos!
A few random thoughts:
  • Great to see you back on track!
  • Awesome video! And I'm not just saying that because you're using my DashWare gauges . Cool that you got the fuel + temp to work, too. What are you using for data acquisition now?
  • Your car is f'n fast! As others have commented, seeing your speedo rocket off like that is crazy.
  • You are one incredibly smooth driver! I've noticed that in all your videos.
  • Pretty good looking line. I don't know that track, but it seems like you could turn in later on some of these and use a bit more track. Looks like your instructor also noted that at one point.

Finally, a minor criticism/suggestion:
As I mentioned above, you're hands down the smoothest driver I've seen in a long time. While this is a fantastic trait and makes you by far a much better driver than me, it also still worries me a little.

I've not watched all your videos yet, but I've watched a whole lot of them and it seems like you never get out of shape. At no point are you making any quick steering corrections or adjustments. Again, this is the sign of a very good, very smooth driver. But it worries me because in your accident video, I saw no sign of correction and reflexes either.

I think you said you do autocross, right? Can you make a cool video like these of you autocrossing? Or if you haven't in a while, can you take your car back to an autocross and post a video?
At autocross speed and with a tight course, hopefully we'll see you "out of shape" more and get a better feel for your reflexes.

Please don't take this as a big criticism or me lecturing you. As I said, you're very likely a much better driver than I ever will be. I'm just still confused by your crash video from month ago and would like to see you practice your reflexes at speeds <100mph
Thanks for the feedback, and thanks for the gauges , by all means bring all you can. Like I mentioned before, it's the reason I post the videos here, to view analyze and criticize.

I'm using the AIM Solo-DL with CANbus now for data logging.

That specific turn (#3) you speak of, where yes the instructor did note it once. I have had 4 different instructors tell me different things. I find it faster through going inside, and setting up for the next turn. My car rotates fairly well, and I can setup easier going inside. I tried both versions that day just for sakes, and inside and early is faster through the next two turns (#4 and #5) into the straight. I can do this by using throttle to rotate the car, but maybe I'm doing the late turn in wrong?

It's been a while since I autocross, but was thinking of doing a couple before they close down for the summer (too hot). Last day is in may when they close down (most of them close by). I don't have video of when I used to, but if/when I go back, will try to capture the same and put them up.

Thanks again for the critique and feedback, always welcomed.

Homestead-Miami Speedway track map for reference.