01-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
Moocow
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [9.00]
Loss of license in VIC due to speeding any hope on license not getting suspended?

Hi all,

I feel very irresponsible and embarrassed, I was egged on by a passenger and accelerated quickly from about 80km/h to 140km/h in a 100 zone - out on a country road.

An unmarked police car, from the opposite direction caught my speeding and caught up with me and pulled me over and gave me a ticket for 139km/h, $528 fine, 6 demerit points loss and loss of license for 6 months .

Anyone had any experience in trying to convince a court to continue to let you drive? Or is it a lost cause? I was hoping on possibly convincing the court to give me a 2 year probationary period where if I loose a single point during that time, then my license will be suspended for 6 or 12 months + possibly doing some community service?

I think that this is my first speeding fine in 6 years. About 8-10 years ago I lost all my points and elected to drive like Miss Daisy and didn't loose an points for 12 months. Since I've had children, my driving habits have changed dramatically, + I have gotten rid of the motor bike.

My main concern is not for me, it is for my wife (who is a nurse/midwife doing night shifts etc) and 2 young children - if I lost my license there is no way I could get our young children to either school (grade 1) or special care in the morning (we have a child with a learning disability), which would mean my wife would have to take them after doing a 10 hour night shift + 1 hour drive home.

Please don't bother posting things like "if you do the crime, you do the time etc", as that is not helpful.

Thanks
Appreciate 0