05-19-2012, 03:10 AM   #19
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911A145 View Post
I stopped reading after that bold wording. You lost all credibility with that statement...

For all others that dont understand what I was saying, Ive seen a dyno graph of the "PEAK" HP for both cars only being 30-40 hp difference. All things considered it dosnt really matter much due to different dynos and conditions, but even saying there is a 70 hp difference isnt that much better when you have twin turbos...Again, this is only peak I'm talking about, not midrange.
So you've "seen" a dyno graph that shows a stock 128i being 30whp less than a stock 135i then, ok. I was comparing the OP HP dyno numbers to what was stated and is known for 135i's to put down on the same dyno (dynojet), which is known for high numbers and if you want real, street numbers then the Mustang (aka heart breaker) will show at least 10rwhp less than the dynojet. Yes, the 135i PEAK numbers aren't great because the turbo's suck, but if that is what you care about then great......135i's are still faster stock for stock and mod for mod. I think BMW did it like that to "save" the engine and drive train components from crapping out. I'm use to high peak numbers too coming from GTOs and F-bodies....ever car is different.

So me stating ricer math makes me loose credibility because you didn't say you've seen another "stock" 128i make 30rwhp less than a "stock" 135i? But I assume because of the "peak" numbers being less for the poor little TT'd/turbo'd 135i. Kthxbai......I don't even know why I "trolled" into this thread anyways.... boredom I suppose.

Last edited by Vigilante375; 05-19-2012 at 03:16 AM..
Appreciate 0