View Single Post
      10-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
Uptempo80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228iC -picked up 8-13-16!

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the photo is hard to see. I tried to add the black circle/black dot to the exact location of the ding. It's hard to see, but it's right above the side skirt / rocker panel. It's a generalization.

I Thought about another PDR guy..but this guy I've used has done great work for me in the past where as other guys my parents have used have just caused "massaging" metal scars. Needless to say they don't have those cars anymore or use those guys. This was about 5 years ago with similiar results and the same subpar PDR guy. They currently both have 1 series cars. (Dad has a VO 1M). If they get a Ding I'd still refer them to my guy.

The body shop I'd go to for paint/body repair is top notch. I 'm pretty confident that they are the best in my area after working on my car, my brother's E30 restoration, and that E82 SBM 1 series M coupe press car that was repaired-body work wise had superior results and looked good as new.

I don't want to mess with original paint for a ding so small I can't really capture in a photograph..but I will have to go that route for peace of mind. Can't stand looking at it. I've actually held off my bi-monthly polish/wax routine because I'd like to take care of this first lol.
2013 320i sedan (Sapphire Black Metallic, Black/Black)
2016 228i convertible (Mineral White, Oyster Leather, Luxury Line)
Appreciate 0