M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicobmw
Hello members. Im from mexico city.

I previously had a 2012 black 1m that I sold over a year ago. (could not pass up on a very good offer). Short time after selling it and after some cars (mini GP, e90 m3, 997.1tt) I realized I needed another 1m.

I finally found a pristine white 1m with only 2,800 km on it. I now have driven 1,200 km on it, but I don't know why it feels much slower than my last car. The last 1m I had on 2 gear and 3 felt really strong even wheel letting go on the gas it had a sort of boost pressure sound and pulled really hard. (no bov installed or nothing as it was stock). this one feels sluggish.

I took it to the dealer to have its oil changed and told them about the "slow feel" but they found nothing wrong no loose charge pipe nothing, the car is not throwing any codes. I know dealers down here don't know much therefore I decided to ask around here.

Is there any other thing I could check??

right now Im having mad dad miss and akra slip on installed. I might buy a p3 gauge to check boost?

thanks

diego garcia

Will post pics when I get it back from the shop.

First off.. ALWAYS BET ON BLACK! Sounds like you did... and ya sold it (DOH! ) and now you've got a slower, white car..

1- Possible charge pipe issue - check connections - probably worth checking the dealer's work..

2- possible adaptation issue. The car has only 1200 Km in your hands right? Looks like you need to start it up and drive the crap out of it hard about 10x In a row and see if it begins to adapt and provide more power.

3- go to a dyno and check output.

If all three above check out, then it sounds like your "trade in " light has just came on again ( seems like a frequent issue for you! )
and perhaps it's time for you to pick up an M4.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 02-26-2015 at 12:04 PM..
Appreciate 0