View Single Post
      06-12-2011, 11:53 AM   #14
Shost
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardio View Post
hi mate....bmw say that the retro fit is a no no, by them anyway.the cars wiring loom is different.ive worked on motors and know that it would have to go back to the factory..forget that...ive waited too long.
im a bit philosophical about it really,mistakes can happen you know and have got over it now to tell the truth...i look at it as less weight anyway lol.
if you dont mind me asking, what are you doing with your type r ? im gutted to see my type r go, but elated to be getting the 1M..
I guess there are worse options to loose to be fair! I hope nothing goes wrong with mine!

I think I'll just try and trade the Type R in with BMW. The group network has Honda dealers so may get a reasonable price. I'll probably put it on the Civinfo forum before, which may ensure it goes to a good home. However often people on the forums seem to be histrionic about value and I've seen too many people comment on how overpriced a car is, when they've not physically seen the car to comment. I've not had much luck with high value cars on Autotrader too, so may not bother with that. Failing which I might try contacting a few traders myself to see what I can get.

Mine is a 2008/57 with a full spec and lowish milage, so hope to get something sensible... What are you thinking?
Appreciate 0