View Single Post
      08-31-2011, 05:38 PM   #21
Chunkaway
Private
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurEinser View Post
I call BS on the gas cap. If it was causing the MIL, then they should have replaced it. If I saw that on a test drive, that would be a lost sale. I didn't buy an auto 135i at a toyota dealership for this very reason. Cold start shudder, took the car 30s to idle and stop shuddering. Meanwhile the salesguy was kinda chunky. Suffice to say, he didn't look comfortable either.
Find a good dealership(BMW) where you trust the service dept. My local guy took amazing care of my 1er as if it was his own. (Something I didn't expect because my 1M order at this dealership went from 1st on the list to 3rd in 1 week. Gave up on that venture anyway.)
Any car is superb if you take care of it, especially if you can tell when the car is performing slightly abnormally, you can nip any problem in the bud. Personal experience: my car had a slightly longer idle than normal(nothing I would normally worry about), checked with my AP and found a couple codes. Took it in, got a loaner, met a great service advisor, 3 injectors and a new HPFP later my car is running smoother than I remember.

One word of caution: I have seen a lot of dealers selling BMW's OUT OF WARRANTY(before the expiration period). I would not trust these, check with your local BMW dealer with the VIN if the warranty on the car is still valid on those that claim warranty.

Some cars have been babied while other have been abused. Do your due diligence with research and meet the previous owner if you buy from a private party.

Recalls on my car:
Seat belt, HPFP(thrice), 3rd brake light
No other problems
Oh, I agree about calling BS on the gas cap issue. I did say to the guy, that doesn't even make sense, because I checked the gas cap when we pulled over. He kind of stammered and said, "It must be an emissions issue." Uh, yeah. By the way, this was at a BMW dealer in Portland, Oregon. (This car was actually under warranty by the way.)
Appreciate 0