chadillac2000
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianc View Post
Amazing, nothing stops you...

This just looks like a total frickin' nightmare, but you just wade in and get it done. Hope not too many band aids req...

I'm fooling myself to think that I will ever take this on. I guess getting raped by the indy is in the cards for me...

ianc
It's A LOT of work. Don't get me wrong, I knew it was going to be, but once you're waist deep and there's no turning back, you have no choice but to press onwards!

I mentioned it in a previous post, but a single turbo with accompanying mods and a hired hand for installation could easily balloon into a $15,000 bill to be paid.

-------------------------------------------------

Last night I spent some time familiarizing myself with the dual Tial MVS wastegates, MAC solenoid with PNP harness, and stainless lines that ACF provides so I'd know how everything was oriented. I decided to go with the green/white spring combination based on other people's experiences and Payam's suggestion.

Getting the top of the wastegate installed was no easy task. If my fiance hadn't been able to thread the allen head bolts in while I kept A LOT of pressure on the cap/springs, I would have to resort to a vice.

Using Payam's pictures, I was able to mock up the included NPT/AN fittings and SS lines to where they'll be situated when installed on the manifold. The two fittings in the middle that aren't installed yet are the straight through NPT/AN that fits to the oil feed on the block, and the 45 degree NPT/AN that fits on the compressor housing.

Not that it matters all that much, but I love how the TIAL MVS wastegates match my existing Tial BOV.

New hardware starts going on tomorrow.
Appreciate 0