Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovesax08 View Post
I just started having a similar issue. The drive side window is stopping about 3/4" above where it should when rolled down. I can push it down another 1/4" in the track but then it stops. When rolling up, the window will hit the top of the doorframe and then back off to ~1/2 way between up and down. Doing the reset procedure hasn't seemed to affect the behavior and after trying a few times the window will stop responding to switch input for ~30 minutes. I'm wondering if just because the window has forgotten where it should be or if there is something else wrong
I'll try to help you. The window reset procedure is all ou need, unless you modified the window regulator.

the 30 second to 2 min time out is normal, i recall turning off the car & locking doors helped speed up the recovery.

Try the reset procedure but hold the down and up longer.

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0