06-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #444
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Update

I came home to find a package waiting for me

Everything was packaged very well but unfortunately there is a bit of damage to the Setrab core. It's not present on the photos on the previous page so my guess is it happened during the test fit to Justin's car or it may have been dropped. Fortunately, it will not be visible when it's fitted up to the car but being the perfectionist that I am, it does bug me!

I have to admit, when Peter told me the fittings were changed out at the last minute I wasn't too thrilled about it. However, I had faith in Advan and from what I can see, these Hi Flow AeroFlow fittings look top-notch and very high quality. The custom laser cut bracket that the core mounts onto looks quite good too.

In regards to the split corrugated hose, I assume this is meant to protect the nylon braided hose. I measured it out and there is not enough hose to protect all of it. Should I attempt to cover as much as I can from the core to the thermostat?

Overall, I have to say it looks like a very nice product. I will reserve final judgement once it's hooked up and I've given it a good run on the track, but it does look like a very nice kit.

Justin/Peter - do you know when a DIY will become available? Also, I never received an electronic invoice and Peter said an invoice would come with the goods but it never came.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0