04-06-2008, 08:17 PM   #72
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Send a message via AIM to InsaneSkippy Send a message via MSN to InsaneSkippy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries932 View Post
Ok, that is the greatest misconception of why any laws are put into place...the reason why it is illegal is not because every single person cannot do it safely. It is because it just takes one person who thinks they know how to drive to kill themselves or someone else (note how i did not say family for all you idiots going for the sympathy plee)...
No matter how you spin it, street racing is POINTLESS. What exactly do you have to prove by doing it? Please don't just say "It's fun" or "I want to see what the car can do"
Quote:
anyways my point being is the law does not say that street racing is unsafe...it is there because it is in place for the good of society. It is making a statement that there are people that take things too far and that is what puts people's life in danger...
Street racing IS unsafe. You cannot deny the amount of deaths caused by street racing. If you try to ignore the statistics then you're not looking at both sides of the argument. What happens when you're doing 90 on some back road and your tire blows out? No, I'm not just saying that's the only dangerous thing that could happen. There are a MULTITUDE of factors that could go wrong and end up in someone dying or being seriously injured. Just because someone has watched the Fast and the Furious box set doesn't mean they can street race. Some will say they know how to drive and can "handle" street racing. The truth is, if they REALLY knew how to drive, they wouldn't be racing illegally.[/quote]
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with putting two cars on either end of a road and making sure no cars are coming and then racing.
I don't even know where to start with this one. Speeding tickets, car getting impounded, trip to jail, massive fines, loss of license, insurance rates being hiked, someone getting hurt, criminal record.

I didn't not intend to take this out on you, however I think a lot of people on here are being ignorant. There's NOTHING to gain by racing on the streets. There IS no positive. If you want to prove something or actually RACE then take it to a track. Whether it be a drag strip or an auto cross track.

I always see people bragging about what car they beat from a roll, or from light to light. The truth is, if you really wanted to brag about something, take it to a place where everything is fair and designed to be a competition.