11-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #41
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Of course to each their own. But in Germany I'm sure you would see all of the 1, 3, 5 and 7 series there compared to what you see in the USA since that is where they are made. I only see 1 other 1er here where I live near Fort Lewis, WA and this area is very city with I-5 being the primary source to get where you need to go. A 1M would be VERY hard to run across as there was not many made for the US or anywhere else. That is one of those collector car's that would gain more value the more it sat with less miles you put on it, that is not what I'm looking for. You would not need $10k worth of mods to make it "comparable" to a 1M, at most maybe $5k.

The 1M is a very special car but it's not for me. I'm not the one that wants to take my M car to the dealership and have to pay that M price for something. BTW, I have never driven or ridden in a 1M but the inside wouldn't be much different that a 128i/135i other than the better suspension and slight power increase. No hate on the 1M but I do like the car.....I'm 28 but know and loves cars.
I'm sorry, but this is silly lol. The interior is different. The look of the car is vastly different. The suspension, the LSD, the very limited production... It all combines to something you can't really emulate by putting extra bits on a 135i. And yes, it would be MUCH more than 5k. Closer to 10k is very correct, and has been proven on these very boards by two different people who are undertaking their 135 -> 1M conversions.

For me the 1M would be the epitome of a driver's car, one of the very last of its kind. So again, if I were in a position to pick between the both, I'd pick the 1M.
Appreciate 0