01-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #11
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBMW02 View Post
I must say I grow weary of the trashing of the Z4 is. The car is a blast in the real world where 99.9% of the time it will be driven! And I love the DCT which I never thought I would say. Road and Track got 0-60 in 4.4sec with a 1/4 Mi in 12.6 and 0.91g on the skid pad all with the awful run flat tires! Well I ditched those and run wider Continental DWs. I'm sorry it will never be a Boxster, but the Porsche advantage is only at the track as I see it. I have owned the last 3 generations of M3 ( did the E92 M3 school at the Ring) and this car is more fun in the driving I do because of the low end torque. Driving fast does have a learning curve because of the quirky steering. I wish BMW had made (or will make?) a full on M version and give us LSD, better suspension and better brakes.
I hear you; in fact so did the BMW and not only gave your Z435is an LSD, better suspension and better brakes (plus better steering, tires etc.) they also decided to give a better body (not in esthetical terms, better like more balanced or more practical), they called it a 1M

No offense, I love that car and if there wouldn't be a 1M I could convince myself to buy the Z4, but obviously what I love most is the engine and the rest not as good as it could be (but it is just plain beautiful, undeniable), another unfinished business just watering our mouth from BMW, similar to the again beautiful 135i. My point is I love the 1 series coupe body, I adore the E92 M3 chasis and I believe one of the best engines ever is the one that they put in your Z4. And now I have all of them, assembled together beautifully like they were always belonging to each other
Appreciate 0