07-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #8
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair View Post
To be fair, one customer's single experience might not reflect the entire line-up of a company's products over their entire span of existence. Harold was right in pointing out that there have been substantial changes to the AST product line over time.

Six years ago when Vorshlag brought AST to the US shores we had the factory make significant changes to their existing lineup of Sportline I and II shocks and helped create the 4100, 4200, and 5100 line of AST coilover dampers. Since then all of those models have been changed significantly or replaced entirely, and many iterations of components have been introduced into each. Instead of sticking with the same stagnant design for 30 years, AST has been constantly evolving and improving their shocks.

AST is also the shock supplier to the GRAND AM series (ST and GS), World Challenge racer, and many other pro and club race teams. They wouldn't be on these cars if they didn't make a great damper. Similarly Moton is on many racer cars the world over, and is also evolving and improving every year.

Gross online generalizations of "this shock sucks" should be countered with more facts and history by vendors and users alike. Harold was well within his rights to give his side of the story. That's the beauty of the internet - lots of input.

Cheers,
You understand that I am not against Harold giving his side of the story, don't you? On the contrary, he should tell what he did tell plus your input is useful too. BUT, a few words (the first aggresive sentence to put it very clearly) were too much in Harold's first post after the Advevo's. At least, I felt that way, that it was a too defensive reply with some unnecessary wording and as you put it yourself, that's the beauty of internet and I wanted to say that this bothered me (I have no doubt that it bothered others too). I have full respect to Harold, maybe I posted solely because I was not expecting him to put a reaction like that.

In short, I am not against what Harold said, or what you said, I am pro whatever Advevo or another user needed to say even if it is unfair and against the title product, since he was not rude or nothing! No need to push people out from posting in the Forum just because you feel their ideas are not making sense or simply unfair.

For me that's all cool now, nothing really deserves arguing, at least I am not going to post on this anymore. Back to subject matter and I would like to hear people who actually uses the Motons on a 1M like Dan Parker if I remember correctly.
Appreciate 0