View Single Post
      04-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #21
mcarnevale
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadeucsb View Post
Since its sold, no worries about derailing a thread, but all of you that say dont post undercut prices are just silly or mad because someone did it to you and you lost a few bucks.

If I was buying this, I would want to know its $100 cheaper somewhere then its up to me to decide if I go with whatever option I so choose. That is how free markets work and prices are set fairly. The extreme scenario is lets say this costs $99 elsewhere, is it still rude to mention, 'hey, you could get this cheaper elsewhere' ? No, it isnt, its helpful.

If I plan to buy a TV at Best Buy and Amazon happens to email me a better price, does Best Buy get mad and say thats 'rude'. No, they match the price and an equilibrium is found.
Right, but was Amazon advertising the cheapest price for your TV on Best Buy's doorstep? Or did they take the buyer aside after they walked out of the store and let them know where they could get a cheaper price? Would it be okay if I ran into Best Buy as a rep from Amazon and said "Don't buy TV's here, you can get them cheaper somewhere else."?

Great point, I understand your perspective. "Forum Etiquette" is just a very grey concept imo. Regardless, the buyer will be receiving this soon
Appreciate 0