06-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
INDPNDT
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport, BSM/Coral

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
You cannot drop the car 1-1.5 inches and expect the same ride quality.

HR springs and koni yellows is an awful combination IMO, i had it on my 335i. It rode like trash, bounced and over-reacted to any imperfection in the road. It made me almost car sick to drive the car.

1-1.5 inches is excessive lowering for this car, and will result in signficant ride quality and comfort sacrifices.

The only way you will have a shot to lower that much and still maintian a stock comfort level ride on poor quality roads is to get something like TCK D/A setup or ohlins that have shortened shocks and struts that are high quality enough to handle a higher spring rate and a lower amount of suspension travel.

You go cheap, you will make comprimises. Bottom line. Just telling you the truth.
Definitely not expecting the same ride quality however I do want something "relatively" comfortable. This is not a track car and should by no means ride like one. I'm coming from an S2000 which drove on rails and I'd like to have some of that balance back.

Good to know about the koni/h&r setup.. thats been the reaction I've read a few times.

Not sure how 1" is excessive but I guess that's an opinion. Every spring out there with the exception of the BMW PS drops at least 1". Even so, I believe the BMW PS drops almost 1" from the non M-tech option, but only .39 with M-tech since it's already a little lower.

What about the Eibach Pro System? It's a shortened strut matched with a 1.2" dropped spring.

I'm not sure how everyones experience has been with it though.
Appreciate 0