02-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #204
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf View Post
True, but if customer specifically asks for the car not to go on the showroom floor then I would think they have to oblige?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
It's your car, if you say you want it hidden in the darkest depth of the workshop - they should oblige. However dealers have done far worse things behind their customers backs.

Ultimately, dealers really screw themselves sometimes, if try had asked and offered you some incentive - you probably would have said yes. Mine sat at the Wollongong dealers showroom for several weeks before I could get around to picking it up - what an experience that was!

That said, there is most likely a innocent and reasonable explaination for it. I would call up the sales guy/manager and ask them for an explanation of why it is taking so long and tell them that all your friends cars were ready for delivery in a day or two. You don't seem the type to take too much crap anyway ianf!
If you specifically said so then they should obliged - it is you car, and doing anything else is just wrong. As alik01 said, could a simple explanation that their detailer's away, or the plague they are gong to give you takes longer than expected?
Appreciate 0