The mod bug has bitten.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 View Post
I would like to know where you live because I know for a fact that I see far more 335i's on the road than Evo's or STi's. You might have a case regarding 135i's, but there is no question that everybody and their grandmom has a 335i.
How many of those grandmom's want modify their brand new $50k 335i? Not only modify it but add about 80hp, potentially void their warranty and reduce the life of their engine?

Quote:

Regarding warranties, I've already read several members that have Evo X's having their warranties revoked thanks to the Cobb Accessport despite being unmarried and not in the car. If you want a link, just tell me and see that the Cobb Accessport is detectable on other platforms (not sure on BMW's). Mitsubishi is more anal regarding warranties though compared to BMW. I know that when I had my Evo9, as soon as I drove off the lot and sneezed in it, I voided my warranty.
Exactly, BMW owners should expect to have their warranty voided too. I'm willing to bet more people are willing to void the warranty on their $35k EVO (or $20k used a year later), with a $6k engine than their $50k BMW with a $12k engine. I'm also willing to bet that more EVO owners tune their car than 335i/135i owners. A good indication is the sheer size of some of the EVO forums in comparison to BMW boards. More potential customers = more profit = cheaper selling price.
Appreciate 0