03-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #93
dorkdog
Big Mouth No Filter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Montego Blue 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012_135i View Post
An interesting point of view. From reading this thread it's clear that things can get real esoteric when trying to describe why a particular car imparts that alchemy of excitement over any other. It's obviously very personal. For me, all I know is that when I got of the 135i after my test drive all I wanted to do was get back in it.
I first became accustomed to German engineering as a bassoon player of all things. Played on a German-made bassoon for years. Got a Heuer watch for Christmas that I had for 15 years until it was stolen. I have a Pelikan fountain pen that I've carried daily since 1987. I also have an engineering degree and can appreciate tightness of design and implementation. That's why I like BMW. You strap it on like a bionic shell and it carries out your every whim. I 'only' have a 128, but I love it nonetheless. It's no 135, but neither are the payments, upkeep, and insurance.

It's never a choice of 'which car to buy', it's a question of 'which BMW to buy'. A decision based on what feels right.
Appreciate 0