03-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #103
jsmonet
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 m50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash83 View Post
I am aware of the Motor Trend ..etc comparisons and lap times.. but if you look at that race track , you will see that it is considered to be a high speed race track which does not test which car is superior in cornering.. so of course both cars are in the 400s bHp range and they will provide similar numbers.. but with a very tough race track, the story will be diffrent..

Put Normal people in both cars not professional race drivers and send them to the Nordschleife and lets see which car will handle best... If you never been there you will never understand how hard it is to drive a v8 fast on that track..

For Pro drivers, the M3 will win but it will not be blow out.. For Normal people the M3 will be way way ahead..

the current E92 suspension, chassi and LSD is superior to the ones from a stock GT!!
I wasn't talking about motor trend. the gt really is as fast as the m3. also, nordschleife? let's talk about real tracks, not big ass roads that see minor duty as race tracks. I'm much more likely to be at willow springs or laguna seca, where the two cars are, like i said, two very different ways of accomplishing the same thing.

but i'm sure that when you roll in dead even with a gt in an m3 someone will give you the win because the diff is more advanced.

for the record, i'd get the m3 over the gt. i just hate the argument being made that under these *very* specific conditions in this one place riiiight here, the m3 edges it out. that's just plain silly.

"it's faster around the nürbergring!" haha oh please
Appreciate 0