View Single Post
      09-28-2010, 06:11 AM   #10
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

I have the sports package in a 128i vert and my seats are manual adjust. The adjustment of the side bolsters for width of your body is electric, but all the other adjustments are manual. The stock seats do not adjust for width and have pretty flat construction. So if you get to spirited driving you will slide around. The sports seats adjust for width so they can hold you in position much better.

Manual adjust is no big deal to me because I am the only driver of my vert. With the electric seats, I think the key fob remembers your positions and automatically adjusts the seats. That could be very nice with multiple drivers.

I got different wheels but it seems you do not. I also got a little stiffer suspension which I think you will get too. It is not harsh but does not wander around either. I like it. I cruised about 80 miles on the interstate this morning to the airport. I felt a couple areas of the pavement were it was really rough but I still would rate it a good highway ride. I will run it in an autocross Oct. 17 and I will really like the stiffer suspension for that.

Jim