View Single Post
      02-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #1
EFI Logics
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW 135i, 08 535Xi

EFI Logics Custom Tuned N54 135i – 341whp/394wtq!

Hi, everyone! My name is Josh and I am proud to announce EFI Logics new custom calibration service offered for N54 135i and 335i vehicles using Cobb’s Accessport!! For those of you who are unsatisfied with “one size fits all” tuning solutions offered for your BMW, this is the solution you have been waiting for! A custom tune from EFI Logics will help you unlock the potential of your N54 equipped vehicle through custom calibration specific to your vehicle. Off the shelf maps can never match the stability and accuracy of custom calibration so through custom calibration you can safely increase your BMW’s power output, enhance drivability and improve power delivery.

I recently let Chris work his magic on my 2008 135i and the results are stunning! During controlled testing to see what the car could produce it made an incredible 341 whp and 394 wtq at 16psi using 93 octane pump gas on their mustang dyno! Equipped with ONLY a Cobb Accessport and a K&N drop-in air filter the car made an impressive 28 whp and 40 wtq over Cobb’s Stage 1 Agreessive V301 93 octane map.

Now, some of you may be thinking that 16psi is high in comparison to the target boost settings from off the shelf maps. This is true, but my car was calibrated here in cold winter of Connecticut. Leveraging the winter cold air to help combat intake charge air temperatures, we were able to raise the boost safely and thus increase power output while carefully monitoring and adjusting other engine parameters. AFR’s remain nice and safe throughout the powerband with timing actually being less than that of Cobb’s off the shelf map. The car will be detuned prior to the warm weather in expectance of intake charge air temps getting too high, but for now I am thoroughly enjoying the tidal wave of torque! Or we may just build an intercooler in order to keep the temperatures down instead. In addition to the momentous increase in power that resulted from the tune, the power is now delivered even more smoothly than it was before. It is a very rewarding feeling to be able to feed the throttle progressively at will without any surges or drops in power where you don’t want them. The off the shelf map felt as if it had a slight “burp” near the top of the powerband, but that has been completely eliminated with this new map. I also noticed right away that the throttle now reacts quicker to inputs than it did before. I used to hate the throttle feel. It felt as if I was stepping on a sponge, but now the throttle feels sharp and reactive making it easier to adjust the throttle positioning to the exact amount you would like.

HERE is another review from a customer who recently had his 2008 335ix AT tuned at EFI Logics.

**For more information on EFI Logics’ custom calibration service, click HERE**

-Josh
Appreciate 0