View Single Post
      02-20-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
vladr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Do I need to Upgrade FMIC with the Cobb Upgrade

Hey everyone,

I am expecting a COBB AP in the mail tomorrow. I read over on the e90post forum, that its almost necessary to get an intercooler upgrade after you get any tune. This makes sense to me because the COBB flash increases the boost pressure, which makes the engine run a lot hotter. (Right?)

My question is....do I NEED an upgraded FMIC if I used the COBB AP? Even if I dont track the car or anything (even though I might once or twice a year, when I get the unit (and suspension))....

I dont mean "need one" as in....to make it faster or anything. I mean do I need an FMIC upgrade to make sure this COBB doesnt F*** up my car?

IF I DO need one, for safe driving reasons.....whats the best (or a decent) FMIC I should consider?

Is there one that wont mess with my warranty? Like a BMW performance one? Anyone got any prices or brands or anything... if I DO need one?

Thanks,
Vlad

EDIT: FMIC for ANY tune....not just COBB. I thought it goes without saying but i think people are avoiding answering because they dont have this specific tune.

Is an FMIC required for ANY tune?

Last edited by vladr; 02-20-2011 at 09:39 PM..
Appreciate 0