View Single Post
      10-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #11
SchlauCow
Rep
Drives: Honda M6

fatjoez,

Are you receiving errors for both headlights or one?

It's obvious that my right headlight is working properly, but my left one is just having problems like none other. I think it's the ballast, because the error switched over to the right after I switched it out (huge pain in the ass and waste of time, btw). I also touched the glass bulb trying to finagle it out of the headlight system, will this affect its longevity?

I think I'm going to buy some MTECs (I should have done this in the first place, although 'illegal') -- at least then I know I would have had a quality product with no stupid errors or roll-of-dice chance that the light will fire up.

In total, I have wasted a lot of money due to a bad product... Next time, I will go with my instincts instead of trusting those who sell snake oil. Furthermore, I'm going to inform everyone I possibly can about Jlevisw.

Now that I'm a bit fired up (unlike my left HID bulb), let me say that Jlevi has consistently messed up my previous orders.

-LED light kit order was messed up. I didn't have enough lights for my car. Jlevi eventually sent the missing lights to me. This happened to many other folks on this board. Guys, count the lights in the car, then count the lights on hand. Add, then package, then ship to customer.

-The Weisslicht LED footwell lights did NOT properly fit on either side. The OEM ones did, of course. I had to use tape to get the lights to stay flush. Guys, install these on 1-series cars for proper fitment. If it doesn't fit like OEM, then fix it and don't sell the product to customers.

-Orders were piecemeal, e.g. one LED turn signal would come in, then a few days later the other one would arrive. Guys, fix your ordering system online, or wait until whole systems/components can be shipped out. What good is one LED light to me?

-LED sidelenses do a rapid-fire blink every so often. The LED sidelenses were very cheaply made, there was no rubber base like the OEM ones so it wasn't as waterproof, and only one connector device was caulked with sealant. The other one was attached on like a sweatshop product. No caulk. Guys, let your customers know that these lights don't have a rubber backing. Also, proper checks and QA/QC of your equipment are in order. When you put a product in a box, look it over and make sure that all the caulking is there. Let's have some consistency here.

-LED turn signals rapidly blink every so often. I installed the error canceling modules, which work, but the damn things do this crazy blink like they're having seizures. What's this all about?

-I ordered 4300k HID with my Depos and I'm rather certain I got 6000k. Can anyone else tell from looking at my pictures??? I don't see yellow hue, I see a purple/bluish hue when I look at my lights. If I do have 6000k, that means my order was (not surprisingly) messed up.

I know there are other posts on the board about the quality of Jlevi products, so you can go from there.

Their webpage is always being 'updated' -- like the issue with the error cancelers. These things are VITAL and CRITICAL to the Depo system with HID!!!!!!!! I say this because I took the modules off and my lights don't work!!! They flicker!!!! They will never work without the assistance of these error canceler modules!!!! They should be offered as part of the Depos since they're a critical component!!! I'm lucky I asked questions about it, otherwise, I'd have a huge mess of a situation and more wasted time.

I'm suffering from battered wife syndrome with these guys -- except this time I cocked the hammer and pulled the trigger.

Folks, do your research before getting sucked into cheap products and obfuscated or vague descriptions. Demand pictures and ask for name brands. I'm fairly new to the aftermarket car scene -- but I know I won't trust Jlevi anymore... I'm simply fed up with them and now I will make it my goal to dissuade anyone else from buying these products. I'll use any opportunity I can because I don't want someone else ending up extremely dissatisfied like I. I was nice and understanding at first, but my tolerance level can't handle this anymore.
Appreciate 0