01-17-2013, 07:42 AM   #60
TwinTurboed
Turbo Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
You guys don't have to deal with this in The USA but we have the 120i/d, 320i/d etc etc. Every economy engined car is available with M-Sport package making it look identical to any other model in the range. The E92/93 is way popular here, they look great, those big 19" rims, M-Sport package and fairly low looking...I then glance the badge or see this p1$$ a$$ single exit pea-shooter tail pipe and feel disappointed. To make matters worse, it's always these people drivbing like idiots trying to prove that their muscular LOOKING car with baby engine can be as fast as the hot models...I call this small engine syndrome and only comes with drivers of small engined BMW's, Audi, Mercs. I don't get it, if economy is your goal why buy an expensive car to begin with, I'm sure a Honda would be more financially sensible but I suppose they just love the snobbery of that BMW badge.

Anyway, slightly off topic but I agree, the hot models (135i, 335i) should have something more special. Not quite as extreme as 1M or M3 but something subtle you know.
Yea I agree. The lesser models shouldn't be offered with M packages. The M bits and pieces should only be placed in cars that have the performance to prove that they are worthy. Simply put, anything below the turbo 3.0l should not get M fascia, interior badges, etc.