01-03-2011, 05:17 PM   #22
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
I'll try this again. Of the 730 cars per day that are CURRENTLY BEING PRODUCED, seventy percent (730 x 70%= 511 ) are spoken for. The other 220 cars per day I presume are ready to go to dealers as inventory.. Even if just 10 cars of this 220 per day are 1Ms and assuming the factory runs 300 days a year (this is a total guess.. ! ) that would be 3000 1Ms in a a year. If you are wondering about production, I am sure that they can build as many 1Ms as are needed.

The factory can put out even more cars than the 730 they do now, by either extending the production line (adding more workers) or adding a third shift. The bottle neck in the factory is the paint process time.

Right now BMW Leipzig only has two shifts, that work six days a week. I was told when I did my factory tour there last year... that BMW Leipiz produces about 177K cars per year. Most of the product at Leipzi (75% I think they said) are X-series cars. I also think the workers only work for 42 weeks per year. The rest is holdays.

one series production at Leipzig...

25% for Germany
25% for USA
25% for EU
25% for the RoW (Rest of the World)

here is my original post on my factory tour:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...g+factory+tour

Dackel
Appreciate 0