09-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #1330
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosspa View Post
It's oyster. The interior photo is pretty shitty, it's just what happened to be in my phone. Deciding on the color combination was hard for me. This is south Florida and the car color has to be taken into consideration. The last Saab 9000 Aero I had was black with a beige interior. I was living in Dayton then so the heat and sun weren't that bad of a problem. I did hate the constant cleaning of that car, though. My last 9-5 Aero (that I still have) was silver with dark grey interior. That car heats up in the sun down here, and since the 135 gets the garage port, the Saab is like an oven in the late morning. Taking what I had learned into account, I decided to try Silver and a white interior for the Infiniti. Even when parked in the open for hours, that car was tolerable. My friend drives a black A5 with a light interior and he said that he thought that the interior color is the more significant contributor to overall interior heating. So, deciding not to buy another silver car, and not wanting to deal with nearly daily cleaning of a black car, I compromised with the mineral grey. Which was a very happy compromise. I love this car!
Seems that you and I went through the same thought process and used similar criteria to choose exterior and interior colors. Last time the build numbers were posted, only 9 135is's had the Mineral Grey/Oyster combination.

On the Oyster interior, I think it has helped control the heat buildup in the car. Window tint also made a significant difference. The Oyster also does a great job of brightening up the cabin and provide a nice contrast with all of the black interior elements. Beware of dirt and stains however... I ended up with dirty scuff marks from tint installation, and a lot of dirt on the driver's seating surfaces when I brought it to the dealer for oil chance and installation of Michelin PSSs. That process took two visits. When I complained during the first visit, the Service Manager cleaned the seat himself. During the next visit on the following day, the seat was really dirty... you can imagine the conversation with the Service Manager who personally cleaned the seat himself only 24 hours before...
Attached Images

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0