06-22-2015, 07:28 AM   #5
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahstongal View Post
Thank you both for your assistance, good to know your car mad it through snowmageddon lol I am going from AWD to RWD so its quite a change. Did you go with 17s or 18s for your tires?
My sport editions and winter setup are 17s. The smaller size helps in the snow, and it keeps your snow tires cheaper. No need for big meaty tires unless you are planning on doing some snow rallies in the 1er lol.

My last car before this was an evo X so I feel you on the RWD concerns, but it was a non issue on the 135 with the setup I described. I just don't go out if the roads are unplowed and the snow is as high as my front bumper. Short of that I can handle anything with that setup. Interestingly enough, my fathers jeep on all season tires actually handled WORSE in the snow than my 135 on snow tires... tires make more of a difference than anything. Get those wintersports. The blizzaks were good, but 90% of the time here its plowed roads and cold weather or light snow coating the roads. That is where the wintersports shine. The blizzaks were good in deep deep snow, but how often do you drive in deep unplowed snow? THe blizzaks were MUCH worse than the wintersports on plowed highway for example.
Appreciate 0