View Single Post
      05-24-2015, 01:49 AM   #1
kazriel
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i 2008 MT

Power upgrade

Hi guys,
Tax return time is coming and looking to further upgrade my 2008 n54 135i MT. I've been running with Jb4 map 5 with the only mods being. JB4, DCI, BMS OCC, bilstein b12s, m3 subframe bushings, wavetrac lsd. To handle the extra power I've been using some bigger PSS 255 rears and 225 fronts
I'm thinking of going forward with an ATM 5" stepped intercooler, ER charge pipe and RB turbos.
Not interested in running meth but may get more into e85 as I've heard good things.

I have reservations about going for a catless DP as i think the smell would bother me but am unsure whether the stock exhaust and DPs are going to significantly affect potential gains.
I also think my HPFP is on the way out for several reasons and was thinking of getting an upgraded oem unit. I have heard about more powerful pumps particularly if i get into e85 which is tempting but I'm not sure if this would require higher power HPFP and LPFPs?

Finally i think with the upgrade a professional tune Is in order. I live in Brisbane and simply don't know who to approach.

What do you guys think. Which steps could i avoid and which should i add. I've heard about oil cooling but seems very exy and if not necessary i would avoid.

Any advice/opinions/personal experience greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0