06-30-2013, 05:25 AM   #6
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@ADVAN Performance View Post
Ummm, yeah my thoughts exactly.

So far so good with water temps, the radiator we used has the same core width and depth as the OEM 135i unit, but it's taller with an increased core/coolant volume as such and IIRC the FPI of the core has been increased too.

I do not think additional oil coolers will be required in this setup. We will soon be putting together a Dual core "Stage 3" Setrab kit for a US 135i customer, where OEM intercooler placement is maintained. The singular high volume core is obviously a different method of tackling the same oil temp problem, which may prove to be more effective than running a dual core setup, but the true test of the system will be at the race track.

The bumper support is definitely NOT cut, we would not advocate doing that. However the back side of the kidney grilles themselves required some trimming.

The customer was hitting oil temp induced limp modes at the track with a Dinan oil cooler installed, so it was a case of "go big or go home".
so the front of the intercooler isn't further forwards? (i was talking about the actual front bumper, forward of the FMIC)

so you just have to cut the surrounds etc.. like you do for most large intercoolers anyway?... yeah i can see some cut plastic in the bottom 3 pics or so .. that's sweet! (i wasn't suggesting structural stuff be cut!)

i'll be looking at a duel core kit myself

compared to a dual core kit, how large is this cooler? (say compare to the ER race twin cooler kit?), the ER competition kit being 288CI/4.77L of oil

and considering instead of ambient air going through, it'll be several degrees hotter due to the intercooler in front of it, which would have to be considered

i for one would be interested in a TOTALLY OVERKILL triple oil cooler setup possibly...:P

but otherwise, definitely interested in this, as that intercooler.. well it's bigger than i was even interested in going (somewhat around the big tom/cxracing size or slightly larger through bell).. and i need an N54 radiator anyway.

may i ask what core the intercooler is?

i mean... i don't normally like off-the-shelf kits because they're not as overkill as i''d like

but

DAMN haha

would you mind PMing me a tentative price?
Appreciate 0