View Single Post
      10-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #208
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
They're quite willing to work with me. As in, I'm installing a csl roof in December. I'll be doing the removal of the interior and roof myself, there, they'll be removing the glass, welding in the brace, gluing in the roof, reinstalling the glass... And then I'll finish assembly there.
strange, after you just said they don't like working with 'non-geniune' parts... yet they're willing to work with another person's potentially bad work?

over here it's usually the opposite.. they won't touch someone elses work just in case the work is bad, and they can't prove they didn't cause the problem

OTOH, they're happy to work with non-geniune parts as it's VERY easy to say 'it's not genuine, it's bad, it's not our fault'

very backwards shop! haha

that particular job (CSL roof) .. well that's not a good example though, as it's an OEBMW item.. would they be happy to do it were it not a BMW item?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
Telling the average customer that it was the faulty oem parts they brought and not the install-- people wouldn't be happy. Look how gung-ho people are for oem even in this thread! Most people don't realize oe and oem aren't synonyms.
in this thread THEY ARE.. Original Equipment purchased from the Original Equipment Manufacturer's brand.

the TRW control arms you purchase are EXACTLY THE SAME ITEMS you get from BMW

in other BMW's, MEYLE HD have been EXACTLY THE SAME (especially for sways)

oil filters - EXACTLY THE SAME

as are the water pumps (and they suck just as much :P), spark plugs, coils

the OEM items have been discovered to be 100% identical in every single way to the OEBMW items in many MANY cases.

these aren't a third party aftermarket 'OEM (in other cases)' manufacturing cheaper versions.. they are the original version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
One reason why they are more, than the fronts is(or shall I say "could be") in the shear numbers of parts needed(worldwide). When people wreck there cars the control arms are designed to snap off(at least the alloy ones are). More people crash or wreck the front of the cars than the rear end. Also the front right takes its toll/beating with everyday pot holes and curbing. So more front end parts will be needed for the various OE and OEM part sources vs the rears. More parts sales usually means a lower price per unit.

that makes sense.. high speed frontal impact = breaking front arms

high speed rear impact = extreme rarity?

why does the front right take more of a beating on average than front left? my car sees roughly even potholes left to right haha
Appreciate 0