Drives: M3, M3, M5, M5

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2005 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
in this thread THEY ARE.. Original Equipment purchased from the Original Equipment Manufacturer's brand.

the TRW control arms you purchase are EXACTLY THE SAME ITEMS you get from BMW

in other BMW's, MEYLE HD have been EXACTLY THE SAME (especially for sways)

oil filters - EXACTLY THE SAME

as are the water pumps (and they suck just as much :P), spark plugs, coils

the OEM items have been discovered to be 100% identical in every single way to the OEBMW items in many MANY cases.

these aren't a third party aftermarket 'OEM (in other cases)' manufacturing cheaper versions.. they are the original version.
Amusingly, two of the examples you gave (water pumps and coils) were the exact examples he gave me of why he refused to install OEM parts and would only do OE. Water pumps in particular he mentioned being a huge pain in slightly leaking or having a bad bearing that would present itself after a couple thousand miles.

Honestly, I don't think we're going to agree on this. 7 years ago, I was right there with you and though they were the same part for a lower price. Nothing anybody posted would have convinced me otherwise.

But, 7 years later and having dealt with OEM parts issues... I'd rather pay the extra and have everything go properly. At this point I've had enough OEM part issues that nothing is going to convince me otherwise, and I'll stick with OE.

2005 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Wagon, 2001 M5 Sedan, 2008 M5 6MT Sedan, 2012 128i M sport
Appreciate 0