03-28-2012, 12:41 AM   #43
Pete_vB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '69 GT3, GT4, 1M, 912

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTurboBullett View Post
Really, you're going to throw the made in Germany card out with the pictures you posted? Lets face it the Wagner is a cheap unfinished bootleg copy of the Helix.
I agree with those suggesting that your "marketing" is out of line. More professionalism would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTurboBullett View Post
Just to let you know I have a US patent pending for the stepped core concept/multidimensional heat exchangers dating back to my original engineering drawings in 2007 and its GREAT to know that Wagner has a US branch/distributor
I suspect their lawyer has advised them that there is significant prior art in the area, and that you are unlikely to get any broad coverage claims through due to it. I almost hope I'm wrong, but a quick prior art search doesn't look favorable to your cause.

If you what to gain 1M customers I'd suggest you do two things:
First, respond to the market by creating a design that requires no cutting, like the competition.
Second, point to data to prove your product's superior performance. Talking down build quality is distasteful and a side argument. If your product has superior performance I'd listen to data, not unsupported claims, and you have no data showing that it is. I suggest this will be more effective and less off-putting than following the competition around the forums and putting them down.

I'm in the market, fyi, but I wouldn't consider your product unless the issues above are addressed.

Last edited by Pete_vB; 03-28-2012 at 12:59 AM..
Appreciate 0