11-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #40
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
I'm assuming you've driven the 1M? Personally I owned both, a 2011 N55 135i and a 2011 N54 1M...I kept the 1M for two main reasons....if I kept the 135 I would be modding it with upgraded suspension, adding a quad exhaust, installing a tune, adding bigger wheels/tires, $10,000 worth of upgrades when the 1M has all of that and more right out of the box. The second reason I kept the 1M is it just feels right, powerful torque, deep growl, tight handling, always brings a smile when I'm driving it...I might have a bad day and 10 minutes later I've got a shit eating grin on my face....the 1M rocks. And it's not a common car. Even here in Germany as I drive around I see variations of the 1series every 1-2 minutes, thousands and thousands on the road. This base I work on has at least 10 128s/135s....it has 4-5 M3s....only one 1M. I'm a member of "M"Flight here and there are probably 400 M3s in the group, I think I'm the only 1M, maybe one other...I've really only seen 2-3 1Ms in the wild here in Germany but literally thousands of 116/120/125/128/130/135s......so keeping the 1M just makes sense...hardly anyone else I meet has ever seen one...hopefully that translates into better values in 10-20 years from now when I grow up and decide to sell...BTW, I'm 52
Of course to each their own. But in Germany I'm sure you would see all of the 1, 3, 5 and 7 series there compared to what you see in the USA since that is where they are made. I only see 1 other 1er here where I live near Fort Lewis, WA and this area is very city with I-5 being the primary source to get where you need to go. A 1M would be VERY hard to run across as there was not many made for the US or anywhere else. That is one of those collector car's that would gain more value the more it sat with less miles you put on it, that is not what I'm looking for. You would not need $10k worth of mods to make it "comparable" to a 1M, at most maybe $5k.

The 1M is a very special car but it's not for me. I'm not the one that wants to take my M car to the dealership and have to pay that M price for something. BTW, I have never driven or ridden in a 1M but the inside wouldn't be much different that a 128i/135i other than the better suspension and slight power increase. No hate on the 1M but I do like the car.....I'm 28 but know and loves cars.
Appreciate 0