View Single Post
      03-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

And my cents: Change the charge pipe, don't wait it to crack. Why so? First of all, you will have peace of mind which I like, second, with a tune you are raising your chances that it will crack or pop since the factory piece is good for regular 135i/335i boost max; third, when you take the stock part out you will see what kind of a quality piece of engineering is that, comes second to only our precious mid pipes; fourth, you will have noticeable improvement in throttle response which justifies the change alone. Keeping the stock charge pipe and going with a tune is imo like russian roulette, it won't hold finally and it will ruin your fun at the most undesired moments, plus are you a fan of going to BMW services to make a warranty claim with a tune installed before the claim? Why not avoid the hassle and keep your original pipe as reserve for obligatory dealer service visits for engine realted issues? It is not super cheap a cp but not that expensive either.

I only have first hand experience with ER model and looks and works perfect to me as long as you manage to install it perfect, which is tricky unless you are very handy in this kind of job, so I strongly advice someone, a pro shop or your handy buddy who is really good in this do it for you, not an easy or quick job.

I am not saying it is going to be a disaster if you don't do it now; I am saying why wait really? Did we wait the stock exhaust rust and fall down in order to change it?

The rest of the parts you were asking I think you will have as many different replies as member population of this and neighbour forums
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 03-27-2013 at 09:37 PM..
Appreciate 0