View Single Post
      03-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
Xyloft
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDBMW View Post
Replacement with European headlight is very expensive but they don’t have the reflectors. The Xeon’s make it a more expensive replacement.

One of my other vehicles is a Toyota Tacoma and some people put their headlights in the oven to get the glue to melt, take them apart to remove the yellow reflectors and glue them back together but that is a little extreme for me and to much to go wrong like sealing it properly.

Something else to consider is if the law enforcement in your area knows about the reflector law. I had a 2000 3 series I replace all the light with clear since it was non Xeon and could get them on e-bay fairly cheap but my local law enforcement does not care or has no clue about the law so I had no issues of getting pulled over.

I did the oven trick on my Tiburon back in the day, except instead of using the oven i put them on top of a hotel style wall heater. I put some amber bulbs in so that they still blinked amber.

I know some people put their headlights in the sun in the warmer states to melt that sealant. i never had any problems with it, and I was even able to take them back apart and put the reflectors back in when i sold it.

but.. i haven't looked at these head lights and if they are easy to pull apart or not. you could always put some dark tint over them or something too.
Appreciate 0