View Single Post
      01-16-2014, 11:48 AM   #9
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

BMW M550d Kombi(Wagon) they sell for about 90K euros new.

Maybe a regular 911. ?

IF your looking for a daily driver I would not go with something old and exotic. Your gonna need a 2nd car then. And remember most Germans park on the street! lol Insurance is also rediculous over here.

(new)cars over here are very expensive. Your typical e9x M3 sells for 100K euros. A GT3 is probably close to 200K euros new. Of course the used car market is much cheaper. But most Germans only buy new(or more likely Lease) a car. They keep it for two or three years and then ditch it. The reason is by the time the car is three years old your gonna need new tires(both summer and winter!) and brakes and services.

Germany is the land where an oil change at most dealerships runs 300 euros(for say a 1M or M3). Oil service(trans and diff and engine oil) is probably more like 600 euros. And don't forget the Krauts, tax the car every year(and it always costs more each year) bc they want you to buy a new car every few years. lol

Its like the tour guide at the Lamborghini factory told me... "...everyone can afford a Lambo... BUT not everyone can afford to keep(service) them"!!! lol That made me laugh, but its true.

Also... a German driver's license will run about 1,300 euros. Let teh fun begin!

Dack
Appreciate 0