02-29-2012, 01:57 AM   #22
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheil View Post
So to get back to the 1M, which "proper" flash tune seems to be the best available option for a stock 1M Coupe?

Not limiting to US tuners here - Kelleners, Dahler, Lightweight.

Preferably a tuner with a handheld device that allows for getting back to the stock ECU quickly.

@Biglare is running an ESS and seems to be pleased with it - he's also showing significant power gains with 390PS with a stock cooler.

It's difficult to compare by just going to the tuner's websites. It would be good to have a proper comparison such as the autobild tuner comparison http://www.daehler.com/docs/Daehler_1erM_ABSC.pdf
Yes, I love the ESS Stage 1 tune on my 1M. The only other performance part I have installed is a downpipe back Eisenmann Race Exhaust. The power gains are definitely felt and shown in the dyno's. However, it is on the road against some M3's where it shines! It keeps up and takes down cars that I would not think are in it's league, but that is all part of the fun.

Anyways, the handheld direct flash unit makes it a snap to change back to the stock tune within minutes if needed. I would not think of going with any other unit for my 1M at this point.

GTS
Appreciate 0