View Single Post
      03-20-2006, 06:51 PM   #582
Carguy1965
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 06 325I,07 Avalanche 65 Impala

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC
Shipmate Fletcher: Spacers on the 156s...should I? Still scouting for a suitable wheel upgrade...can only go up to 17s due to the lack of all-season RFT 18s...

Been reading about the golf-tee cheap mod...leaves the valve in the exhaust open for more louder low-speed burble/music ... track down SteveMD, he has this mod on his 330...
I would consider a wheel tire package the same size and offset as the sport package model.. Al La the 161s. You would have the sizes and offsets already set, and you could get the RFTs also. With the spacers in the back the car looks awesome. Stance very similar to Fletchers I would imagine. His wheels are larger in diameter but sidewall is correspondingly smaller. I may go to aftermarket wheels at some point, but I really love the look of the 161s, and they fill the wells perfectly. For what its worth guys I might stay away from the "golf tee mod" ?? If I wanted a better exhaust sound I think I would go to a high end exhuast system engineed for the BMW. Ive been a hot rodder and worked on cars all my life. Modern cars with computer control are set up for a given back pressure etc. I dont know how you do the golf tee mod, but if it involves shoving a golf tee into an exhaust butterfly to change the sound.. I dont think thats what you really want to do to 35 plus thousand dollar cars built by some of the best engineers in the world.. Just some food for thought. One thing I know we can all agree on.. Every day that passes with this amazing vehicle convinces me of one thing... We made the right Choice !
Appreciate 0