View Single Post
      03-26-2006, 10:18 AM   #592
fletcher969
Dad: "Can't never did nothing"
Rep
Drives: '96 Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC
Mr Fletcher: You reached 1,200 miles!! ... I still have about a good 350 miles to go...
Actually I have close to 1500 miles!

Quote:
How is she? Any issues thus far...this weekend makes it 2 awesome weeks since delivery. Excitement has subsided (marginally) enough to notice that my car's interior is a tad noisy. I have some very faint interior rattles, clicks and squeaks originating from the front passenger side, that I did not expect so soon...I am going to have to monitor the situation and take it up with an SA within the month or so...Also I am quite disappointed with Sirius' content/programming...I have yet to find a sweet spot wrt music programming, I find myself using the ipod most of the time. I hope an acceptable ipod intergration solution is offered soon enough.
After a couple of days I noticed I have a windshield that needs to be replaced. The passenger side windshield is imperfect with several top-to-bottom length waves in it. I spoke to my CA, and he said to bring it in, they'll look at it, and replace it without incident. They also forgot to put my front license plate bracket in the trunk when I took delivery, but the CA again said to come in, and they'll give it to me (they would have to look for it). If they haven't found it, they'll order one (or should have by now). No-issue issues.

The only other issue is potentially the most serious though. I've been keeping a keen eye on whether or not my car doesn't in fact have some type of inconsistent acceleration. A week or so after I took delivery, I noticed it seemed to have a power/acceleration flat spot (accelerates adequately and uniformly until it hits a "wall") in first and second gears between 3000-4000 RPMs. Since that time, I've nearly determined the flat spot disappears if only I accelerate hard; however, when I accelerate hard, it seems flat and/or hesitates up until about 3000 RPMs when I seem to feel it "take off" on me. I realize that torque isn't distributed evenly throughout the range of RPMs, but what I'm feeling isn't right. I just figured I'd continue to find opportunities when I can control the observations better. So far I'm leaning towards taking it in and having the dealership look her over.

Quote:
Btw did you ever source the cargo organizer. It was rather hard to find, but I finally bought one off ebay for $89 shipped (should be anytime now). Pacific BMW held on to my money for some days before notifying me of the backorder status. My dealer's parts dept mentioned 26 units were backordered...if you're still interested poster Booster can do 1 for $85 shipped (he got back to me after I bought it off ebay)....
No, at this point I've managed to organize everything that will remain with the car sufficiently, and I'm not really leaning towards anything more where the trunk is concerned. Time and need will dictate if that changes or not.

Quote:
Not sure if you read the other SG swirl thread but alas! my baby is perfect no more...have some issues with micro-scratches after a miscalculated encounter with an auto-wash Before you mention "zaino" I am planning on taking the car for a full buff and wax job
Just make sure you find somebody who knows what they are doing, or they'll only make it worse. But doesn't it just suck when you see them? I've noticed the SG is a VERY finicky color with respect to micro scratches. I put some new ones on mine just dusting her off (not NEARLY as many as before), but I use that product you told me not to mention to remove them! Other than that...my baby ONLY gets the spray washes with a follow up from me in my driveway to remove whatever spots may remain.
02-06-2006: Production End
02-09-2006: Arrived at POExit
02-13-2006: Transit - Don Juan
03-01-2006: Unloaded in Charleston
03-02-2006: VPC
03-06-2006: Arrived at dealership
03-08-2006: Took delivery
Appreciate 0