03-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #37
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
I owned a 2011 135 and then jumped at the chance to buy the 1M, also a 2011. I paid $41K for the 135 and $51K for the 1M and had both in my driveway and both with payment books for 6 months.. Thank goodness I was able to sell the 135 to a fellow 1Addict.

According to Kelley Blue book, using private party sale pricing and the exact same options as I spec'd out each car the same, the 135 is only worth $30.8K in excellent condition while the 1M is worth $57.5K...so what started as a $10K difference new is now $27K difference used two years later.

I like that....

It's also worth noting that the DCT in my 135 added no value to these estimates and the value of the 6MT was the same at $30.8K. So DCT was an expensive option that gave no residual value on trade-in/selling.
This is very interesting data indeed! If these really reflect what is happening in the actual market then the trend is working very much against the 135i, maybe even more so than the other 1 series models. Can there be a psychological effect that after the arrival of 1M maybe second hand market turned mercilessly against the 135i especially in US, the biggest market by far for 135i models, due to the simple fact that it was not anymore the top version of the series?

The widening delta between those two prices seem quite unfair news for 135i owners who bought their cars new, of course, unless they want to keep their cars long time. It should be affecting the 128i versions badly too because indirectly now 135i is getting much cheaper which further pushes down the used prices of 128i.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0