View Single Post
      09-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Newlyblond
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Jet Black

Non Run-Flat Suggestions

My 2009 128i is equipped with Pirelli RFT's. I have only 11,000 miles on the car, and had to replace the first tire when I had only 6,000 miles on it. At lease end, I was told by the dealer that if I wanted to CPO the car, I'd have to replace the other three RFT's. They wouldn't budge on that requirement, so I bought the car off of lease and didn't CPO. I work from home and do very little highway driving (or driving at all, for that matter) and am not willing to replace these expensive tires every 10,000 miles (if I'm lucky). I'd rather pay to replace all four tires with non run-flats and have them last 30,000 miles or more.

I'm looking for suggestions of good-performing non-RF tires to replace mine with. I should mention that I have the Sport package on the car. My current tires are 205/50/R17 (front) and 225/45/R17 (rear). I live in FL, so although I won't be dealing with cold weather and snow, I do deal with very rainy weather in the summer.

From other threads, I've picked up that the Michelin Pilot Super Sport are the most desirable (but cost as much as run-flats) and that the Continental Extreme Contact DW's are also good. Any other suggestions?
Appreciate 0