10-24-2012, 08:09 AM   #95
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm View Post
In an autocross environment, the 315 is worth while, especially for Pro Solo and its drag strip style launch. The car was pretty successful off the line against the C5 non-Z06 Vettes. Turns were another story.

As to a 245/295 I think that would be fine save for actual tire costs. I consider street/daily driving to be a compromise at best, so I look for "cheap, rubber, and the ability to hold air" for tire purchases (plus my alignment chews up tires a bit). I saw Contis at TireRack to be a good price for DD duties rather than pay a premium for the PSS/PS2 set up. The Contis (Continental ExtremeContact DW) in a 245/265 set are $920 (plus shipping, tax, BUT road hazard is included. The PS2 are $1,602 and PSS are $1,158 with tax, shipping, road hazard extra). Yes, I am a cheap bastard. How the hell did I end up with a 1M?
Well, compared to other equally capable sports cars with an edge, 1M is cheap too, maybe that's why

Thanks for the reply. I assume I won't have any serious DSC or handling issues just by changing the rears wider, that's something to try for me in the near future but I am not totally decided yet since I am quite satisfied with stock size PSS all around and definitely don't want to create a less agile car.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0