08-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #193
saurabh_turingMS
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1M AW (F10 520D MSport - gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Yes, clear on the roof, but painted on other parts. For the bonnet, I will see what people come up with. Vents would be "more" functional, but I haven't rule out just OEM style. Honestly, it depends on how many people wants it before this can go ahead. I am not happy with what on the market at the moment - alpha-N is probably the closest, but it is difficult to determine the quality from what essentially a tuning house/previous racing team.

I would prefer to go with an established CF manufacturer where they have the quality control in place. That means top $ unfortunately. If I cant find something I feel it is better than oem quality I would rather leave it stock. Interestingly, the few companies I have contacted also do CF engine parts .
Yeah, air boxes in CF are big business particularly for M3s
The Alpha-N 1M RS come with a load of cf parts. The CF are also available individually (bonnet with ducts, roof, boot, splitter, air dam). I personally really like the look of the csl-style-boot & splitters.

http://www.gtspirit.com/2012/06/06/o...eries-m-coupe/

Let me know if you want any more info on it, as there's not much info currently on the alpha-n site.
Appreciate 0