View Single Post
      04-13-2011, 08:40 PM   #21
1fastbmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
So I put about 120 miles on the car today, driving completely through the city on highways and surfaces roads, btw they are Detroit roads, and all I can say is WOW!!! I did not expect to suspension to fell so good, as everyone always says this is really how the car should have came stock. On the highway all of the bumps are completely soaked up and it does not create any annoying bounce. I had a few bumps and pot holes that I had to be very careful not to hit on a daily basis before, because they instantly bottom out the stock suspension and made me grit my teeth in fear of cracking the windshield. After hitting a few of the medium bumps and the new suspension soaking them right up I found myself aiming for the worst of them and not once did I bottom the suspension out or have any abnormal jarring. This suspension on the highway is without a doubt more comfortable than stock. On top of this, the car now handles extremely well. I can not imagine someone tuning a suspension to handle any better than this without compromising on comfort or creating additional noise. It creates confidence that you now are trying to find a corner that will even tempts its limits. The one thing I find a little strange is on lower speed roads, 40 mph and below, I find on concrete the car does transmit more noise and road imperfections. I think this is truly due to the Run Flat Tires and the new stiffness of the M3 bits. It is not uncomfortable but it does create a little more road noise, not sure why at higher speeds it is so much better, but it is. But get this car on a smooth black top road with a few curves and you are in heaven, just hold on. With all the additional power from the other new components and the smoothness of the JB4 this car feels like an ultimate daily driver, bring on the M1. I was after the perfect balance of performance and comfort, that would not take constant tinkering to keep things right, and as of now I think I surpassed my goal.
JB4 l Berk AB l AP Mids l PLM DP's l RSD CP l Injen CAI l BSH OCC l ETS FMIC l Koni FSD's l BMW Performance Springs l Complete M3 Frt & Rear l Dinan Shock Mnts & Camber Plates l Quaife LSD l Morel Speakers l Zapco Amps l BMW SS Pedals l Pearlescent Brake Handle l 30% Tint l ICarbon Dry Diffuser l Matte / Gloss Grills l Black 135i emblem l P3 V2 Gauge l SF-71's l Conti DW's 235/265-19's l LCI Tails l Lux H8
Appreciate 0