View Single Post
      08-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

I had Bridgestone RE050A RFTs on but needed to get the front's replaced and I went with Pirelli P-Zero RFTs whilst keeping the Bridgestone's on in the back.

The Pirelli's are a much softer compound and I ended up having a lot more grip in the front end. Result was that the car was much less understeery and ended up being quite tail happy.

I now have Pirelli's all around I can now feel there is more grip at the back but otherwise there's not a huge difference.

As the above poster said, I'm sure that having the same tyres on front and back is the best option but if you don't it's not going to kill you. The car will just behave differently based on the properties/performance of the combination of tyres you have on.

Edit: I just saw your post in the other FS thread. With the Bridgestone's on the front and MPSS's on the back you'll probably find that you'll end up having a crapload of understeer which won't be too fun.

If you want RFTs, I would highly recommend getting the Pirelli P-Zero RFTs. Much much cheaper, better grip and not as harsh a ride. Better all round. When I replaced my rears initially, they didn't have any other brand other than Bridgestone. Cheapest I could get was $695/rear tyre.... Fronts were about $500/tyre. I just replaced my rears recently with the Pirelli's and they were only $380/tyre I think.

Last edited by froop; 08-15-2012 at 07:35 AM..
Appreciate 0