05-06-2005, 08:18 PM   #46
RichReg
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435Xi GC & 2000 323Ci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziv
I completely agree with you. I don't want to spend one cent over what I already paid for the car :-) We're actually in sync. I was disappointed when I bought the 330Ci with the perf., I surfed the boards, did research, and the enthusiasts were saying that this chip will do the trick. It did. I loved the car with it. I REALLY wish I didn't have to spend the extra money. Also, I don't even know if Dinan will have a chip for the E90. I'm speculating, since they always had, and they're purely a BMW shop...

That said, MAYBE BMW has learned that the US market doesn't want a sluggish feeling car, and they'll program the ECU with a fun program. I had a good time while driving in Europe, and I can't wait to actually start pushing the car. But truth be told -- with the reprogrammed ECU in my 330Ci, my car was very very responsive to gas input. Some people might not like it. I loved it. But that's probably the reason that BMW chose to, by default, add a delay, so that for most consumers, it would appear as a luxury car, and not as a sports car...

There are arguments for it from either side.

I know the feeling.
I have a Triple Dinan package on my 323Ci, which includes the ECU upgrade.
But the car still felt (oh no, there's that word again: FELT) quite peppy BEFORE I did the Dinan conversion.
Even more so afterwards. But of course, the 323/328 didn't have Drive-By-Wire.

O.K., now I'm worried.....
Appreciate 0