12-27-2010, 07:41 AM   #13
roo97ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4, X6M, Tesla Plaid, MYP, Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyb View Post
Hi there,

the steering was telepathic. However maintenance costs and general upkeep were high. A brake job on one of these things will really make your eyes water!

Thanks.
you won't find any of that here. numb steering, yes, isolation yes, great ride with run flats, yes; outstanding ride with real tires, yes...

You need a full suspension to dial the car in, non rfts, coilovers or at least shocks/springs and from what i've heard m3 front and rear bushings, control arms etc. I haven't done the bushings yet and my car still is mushy when pushed (feels like my M3 did when it had 60k and needed control arms, and rear trailing arm bushings), and while there's some steering feel now after the shock/springs update, compared to your cayman it's downright F150.

Aside from that it's a much better daily driver, and is faster than a non S, and will feel much faster around town than even an S due to the torque.

It's a great car with lots of compromises that for an enthusiast, but it's great for a daily. I think a lot of the issues have been addressed with the 1M, but you couldn't get a DCT with that and you'd be up in the price range a bit as well.